Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Barb's email 11-30

Keri, I loved the survey from the guy in Las Vegas who interviewed his two daughters (Bean, Bean, and Bean) about their literacies. He gave them each a chart to fill our over a week's period of time which I thought sort of nailed their literacies. How much TV, computer, phone, textbook, novel did they do a day? I don't know if it fits your research, but would it be nice to know how much they use their cell phones, online research, chatting, book reading,diary or journal on or off line, IM, email, textbook, etc.

I think Bean just glumped all computer time together. Would it fit to ask them to prioritize their interests like he did? Do you think they'd be honest if you asked them to account for their hours of use per day? (If you could only have one thing, which would it be?) Is there a connection for kids who are totally into technology (text messaging, blogging) and their classrooms? (I thought it was interesting what his girls said about their teachers use of textbooks, lecturing, etc.) Shouldn't those kids feel more connected to a blogging classroom?How about the kids who don't use any technology? Will their "buy in" be affected and therefore their performance and their literacy skills? I'll keep thinking about your questions, but right now I think you covered it all except I'd love to know their attitude about how useful the information they gain in class is to their lives. B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home