Web 2.0
Hi, Barb,
Just a thought. I think that we have to really understand what blogging is "about." I hear references to Web 2.0--I think what that means is a new generation for the internet. I'm thinking there needs to be a mini-lesson on connectivity. Showing them a blog--like Will Richardson's--that links other websites and blogs--into his own thinking. The idea is not merely to just add a link, but add that link as a way to talk and support your thinking.
I think they also need to be shown how to insert a link into the text. They are linking into the title, but they can also add links to words.
For instance, here is an article on Web 2.o.
Just a thought. I think that we have to really understand what blogging is "about." I hear references to Web 2.0--I think what that means is a new generation for the internet. I'm thinking there needs to be a mini-lesson on connectivity. Showing them a blog--like Will Richardson's--that links other websites and blogs--into his own thinking. The idea is not merely to just add a link, but add that link as a way to talk and support your thinking.
I think they also need to be shown how to insert a link into the text. They are linking into the title, but they can also add links to words.
For instance, here is an article on Web 2.o.

1 Comments:
I was finally given permission (and a password) today from the tech people in our district office to bypass some of the safety "stops" set up on our network. This means that I might finally be able to access some of the links provided in this article. I have installed del.icio.us, and am anxious to try!
Post a Comment
<< Home