The Great Wall
In an effort to make kids safe, I know that schools have to set up safety devices, but I am so frustrated by trying to access what I need for the kids. Yesterday I was hoping that students could spend some of their MAP testing time (dead for freshmen because they don't test) for blogging, but we learned that the school system has set up new safety constraints that kept us all off the blog. The only way back on was to send a link downtown to the tech people so that they could peruse the site and determine if it is safe. I'm glad to say that we are back on today. I'm thinking I still need to visit them about letting me through some of those constraints so that I can see all of their links from school instead of having to continue at home. Not that it's a big deal, but there have been several occasions when we wanted to see something we could not. Oh, well, one day at a time. I'll be teaching summer school this year - study skills and reading - in middle school, and I'm wondering if blogging can be an option. I'll have to check out what's available. I think the reading program is totally planned and scripted, but study skills only has a curriculum guide with a few ideas for lessons. Sounds pretty broad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home