Thursday, December 01, 2005

What's in a name?

I just read Keri's blog from last night, and we must have a psychic connection on her questions. I was just asking kids about this issue of anonymity. They say they pretty much already know each other's identities whether they are identified by first name or screen name. I said that usually I could tell by the language (Loren C writes just like she talks and it's unique and charming) and the book selection. I also have been concerned about other general safety issues (stalkers, porn, etc.) and have ordered some free booklets which haven't arrived yet. I have a call into the school nurse who has studied internet safety, and I'm hoping to pick her brain - maybe we want her to guest speak in our class next semester. Alicia C. came up to my desk yesterday and told me that she got on the main blog site and pulled up pornography! She said that she pulled up the main site and clicked on "visit recent
blogs" or something like that. (Tammy just called and said she's coming up during my conference to visit...more later.) I'm still reading articles about literacy and blogging. This sure is "learning on the spot." But isn't everything if you're adapting to the times?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home