Friday, April 14, 2006

Quality Literature


I was just reading an article that said "what one reads must ultimately be as important as how one reads." I immediately thought of the blog. Mostly the students are choosing books which would be considered popular fiction. I also had been wondering about the fact that there were so many books that they were reading about drug use--Crank, A Million Little Pieces, etc. It made me think of all of the great Young Adult Literature out there. I think intially when we had talked about these small literature discussion group blogs, you had said something about not having enough time to read all of the books. This article just made me think about the teacher doing book talks. The article was also about multicultural literature, and besides Kiterunner, I wonder how many of these books are multicultural.

It would be neat to post a list of Printz Award Winners or to bring some of those books up from the library. Here is a list of books I had given Amy.

I guess the whole thing made me wonder if you could or should do some short book talks just to show some options. Anyway, the young adult books are a lot shorter. I really loved How I Live Now and The Last Part First.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home