Connectivism and Literature
Read this link on a guy named Jeff Utrecht's blog. He teaches in Shanghai at an American school, but I guess he teaches and online professional development class.
Scroll to the bottom and read what the High School IB English Teacher wrote. What do you think?
Scroll to the bottom and read what the High School IB English Teacher wrote. What do you think?

1 Comments:
This is exactly the whole idea we were talking about. Maybe online journaling about Mockingbird and/or R&J, etc. would lead into the same kind of close reading in independent reading. At least, that's what we can look for and encourage. I love the idea of students providing their own links back to passages from the text - but I am also realizing how carefully I'll need to set this up in the beginning in hopes of rendering these results. I need to be modeling this in my own reading and blogging. Egad - so much to do.
Post a Comment
<< Home