Thursday, December 08, 2005

blogging as a genre

I haven't blogged in awhile. Papers are mounding up on my desk, the house is in the demolition stage of remodeling, but here is my pressing question to Keri. Please read Matt H.'s Dec. 6 (?) blog and tell me what you think of the language. I was reading your notes and article on Gee (sp?) just this morning, and I was reflecting how I am an example of someone stumbling for an understanding with a new language (online talk). And now I am looking over - once again- the language of the blog, and I am wondering. How do I encourage discourse among our kids without too much interference (if, in fact, it is books and discoursing I am promoting)? I look at Matt H.'s blog again and had not even noticed earlier that there is a reference there to a D-bag *!%@@* Oh, no...how did I not notice this? So, Keri, I need your input. Are we so saturated with casual *!@@* language online that this goes unnoticed? It wasn't until I reread the comments - Bekka's comment- that this word popped up to me. So...I'll talk to them, but I'd sure like you to think about this. Is this a no-brainer? Can I really make them more aware of words without hampering the free flow of dialogue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home