Teaching with Blogs
Teaching with Blogs
Well, after talking to Mary Lee from St. Joe, I became very concerned about DOPA. Just google Deleting Online Predators and you'll find tons of articles. This legislation concerns me because it will "delete" any social networking software in schools and libraries. And that includes blogs! I called Talent and Bond's offices. I called the Christian Co. Library and the Greene Co. Library and the editorial page editor at the News-Leader. He may write something about it. I felt like quite the political activist, and I wondered why I don't do that more--have my voice heard! Anyway, this should be a concern if we want to use blogs in our classes-which we do. Just keep your eye out for the vote in the senate next month.
Well, after talking to Mary Lee from St. Joe, I became very concerned about DOPA. Just google Deleting Online Predators and you'll find tons of articles. This legislation concerns me because it will "delete" any social networking software in schools and libraries. And that includes blogs! I called Talent and Bond's offices. I called the Christian Co. Library and the Greene Co. Library and the editorial page editor at the News-Leader. He may write something about it. I felt like quite the political activist, and I wondered why I don't do that more--have my voice heard! Anyway, this should be a concern if we want to use blogs in our classes-which we do. Just keep your eye out for the vote in the senate next month.

1 Comments:
Just a note way after the fact. I followed your lead, Keri, and was encouraged to hear at both Bond's and Talent's office that they were being deluged with phone calls similar to mine. I'll keep passing the word.
Post a Comment
<< Home