Sunday, October 01, 2006

Teaching with Blogs

Teaching with Blogs

I was just looking at my bloglines. I was thinking of all the things that needed to be done for the study, like create a new blog, but then I began to wonder, do we need to create a new blog? What if we just used Reading Great Books? Those aren't the "best" blogs. I mean that there is little linking and lots of summary, but maybe it is better than a blank one. The idea behind blogging is that they are knowledge-building. If that's the case, why would we start a new blog? Thoughts?

I read your last post. It is frustrating when there are no comments from other people. Blood writes that the main characteristic of a blogger is that he or she is an "inveterate web surfer." That work of looking around the website, collecting info, and commenting is one way to blog. The other type of blogging is reflecting on experience with a community of other bloggers. I don't think that community just comes to a person. It only happens if the blogger is out there actively finding that community, posting, and linking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home